- Api Himal Peak
- Cholaste Peak
- Chulu West Peak
- Churen Himal Peak
- Gyajikhang Peak
- Himlung Peak
- Kang Guru Peak
- Kanjirowa Peak
- Kirantchuli Peak
- Kumbhakarna Peak
- Mera Peak
- Naya Kanga Peak
- Putha Himchuli Peak
- Ramdun-Go Peak
- Singu Chuli Peak
- Sitachuchura Peak
- Telicho Peak
- Thamserku Peak
- Tharpachuli Peak
- Tripura Himchuli Peak
- Twache - Amadablam Peak
Maha Shivaratri with Holy Kailash Mansarovar Yatra by Helicopter 2012
(Love & bliss of lord Shiva on the auspicious occasion of Maha Shivaratri)
Maha Shiva Ratri
This day is the celebration dedicated to the Lord Shiva which falls on the Trayodashi of the month Fagun (FEBRUARY/March). Nepal is the only Hindu kingdom in the world and thus the land of Lord Shiva, Lord of all Lords, for here you can feel his presence everywhere. Even in the sacred texts of the Hindus it has been stated that Mt. Kailash in the Himalayas is the abode of Lord Shiva or Mahadeva as he is also known. Shiva the Destroyer of Evil is among the most praised and worshipped of all the gods in the Hindu religion. Hindus all over the world know him through different names and forms. The country has thousands of idols and monuments, which glorify his name, the most common one being the Shiva Linga or the phallus of Shiva that represents him. For it is the Shiva linga that Hindus regard as the symbol of creation, the beginning of everything. Shiva Ratri is the night of Lord Shiva when He himself was created by His own Divine Grace and Hindus all over the world celebrate this day with a lot of zeal and enthusiasm. Shiva Ratri literally means ' the night consecrated to Shiva'. This auspicious festival falls on the fourteenth day of the waning moon in the month of Falgun, (FEBRUARY - March in the Gregorian calendar ). The temple of Pashupatinath in Kathmandu which is considered as one of the holiest shrines of the Hindus, glorifying Lord Shiva, thus receives more than 100,000 worshippers during the festival of Shiva Ratri. These worshippers come from far and wide to pay their respects and homage to Mahadev on his sacred day.
ITINERARY: MAHA SHIVARATRI SPECIAL WITH KAILASH MANSAROVAR YATRA - 08 DAYS
FEBRUARY 16/DAY 01: ARRIVAL IN KATHMANDU.
Upon arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport Kathmandu. You will be met at the airport by our representative and transferred to Hotel.
O/N Hotel Grand
FEBRUARY 17/DAY 02: MORNING, SIGHTSEEING TOUR - AFTERNOON: FLY TO NEPALGUNJ .
Morning: Sightseeing tour in Kathmandu. Visit Pashupatinath temple & Budhanil Kantha Vishnu temple (sleeping Bishnu).
Afternoon: Transfer to domestic airport for your flight to Nepalgunj. The flight takes about an hour to reach Nepalgunj. Our representative will receive you at the airport and transfer to Hotel.
- O/N Hotel Siddhartha
- Kathmandu to Nepalgunj: 1 hour flight
- A very basic transport (non-ac Bus) will be available in Nepalgunj
FEBRUARY 18/DAY 03: MORNING, FLY TO SIMIKOT (BY AIRCRAFT) - ACCLIMATIZATION
Very early morning (at 5 am) you should be ready to go to the airport for your flight to Simikot. Normally, the flight leaves for Simikot at around 6.00 am, if there is a clear weather in all places (Nepalgunj, en route and Simikot). Delay by an hour OR two is quite normal in this sector. So, passengers are requested not be panic.
The flight requires about an hour to reach Simikot. Our representative will receive you at the airport and take you to the Hotel. Our representative will do some immigration formalities whereas you will be having rest in hotel.
- O/N Sun Valley Resort (dormitory room) - basic but the best available
- Nepalgunj to Simikot: 1 hour (by Twin otter aircraft with 15 seats OR Dronier aircraft with 15 seats)
- The flight can be delayed by an hour OR two, which is normal.
- If the weather is not good in Simikot OR en route to Simikot, the flight will be canceled
FEBRUARY 19/DAY 04: FLY TO HILSA BY HELICOPTER - THEN DRIVE TO PURANG (TAKLAKOT - 3400 M.).
Early morning, you will be escorted to Hilsa (Nepal/China border) by our Helicopter. The flight takes about 25 minutes to reach Hilsa from Simikot. You will be met by our local representative in Hilsa and escorted to his house(tea shop). Here, you have to halt until all group members arrive.
Hilsa boarder is not officially opened for trading purpose; so there still are some certain restrictions and rules to follow while traveling through this boarder. We can't just travel to Purang (Taklakot) with our guide and vehicles, we should ve a military escort from the border to Purang (Taklakot) and it takes some time to manage this. So, at this point, it can be delayed to cross the boarder. Passengers are requested to have patient and let us arrange everything smoothly.
From Sher, it takes another an hour to reach Taklakot (Purang -3700 m.) by drive.
- O/N Purang Guesthouse (twin sharing room with attached toilet) - basic but the best available
- Simikot to Hilsa: 25 minutes by KAWASAKI 117 Helicopter - 9 seats and B2 (Euro copter) Helicopter with 5 seats
- Hilsa to Sher trek: 10 minutes
- Sher to Taklakot drive: 1 hour by 4WD Land Cruiser
FEBRUARY 20/DAY 05: DRIVE, PURANG TO LAKE MANSAROVAR (CHIU GOMPA - 4550 M.)
Early morning (after breakfast) you will depart for Lake Manasarovar (4560 m- Chui Gompa). The drive takes about 2 to 2 & 1/2 hours. On the way, we will take a short break in Rakshas Taal (Lake Ravana) to see the breathtaking views of Rakshas Taal with back ground view of holy mount Kailash.
After having holy dip and lunch, you will depart for a circumambulation around the lake Manasarovar on jeep. The journey around the lake requires approximately 2 hours.
- O/N Guesthouse OR similar (all dormitory room)-Dharamsala type with Tibetan toilet
- The distance of Mansarovar circumambulation: 72 km
- Taklakot to Lake Manasarovar: 2 hours by Land Cruiser
- Jeep tour around Lake Manasarovar: 2 hours by Land Cruiser
FEBRUARY 21/DAY 06: YAMA DWARA DARSHAN - BACK TO HILSA
Morning drive to Yamadwara (OR Serson, 10 kms / 4750m), the auspicious gateway to the Parikrama (circuit) around the Mt. Kailash.
After having Darshan from Yamadwar, you will be returning back to Hilsa.
Despite of a very basic facility in Hilsa, we will take you there & keep overnight stay because the next day you will be picked up by Helicopter early morning, so you can catch your onward scheduled flights without any problem.
WE STRONGLY ADVISE OUR GROUP NOT TO FORCE US TO CHANGE THIS. IF WE ARE FORCED CHANGE, GROUP MEMBERS HAS TO TAKE RESPONSIBILTY FOR MISSING FLIGHT OF ONWARD DESTINATION.
Instead of staying in Hilsa, if you stay in Purang, there is 90% chance of missing your flights from Simikot onward, some times, you even miss international flight.
- O/N Local Guesthouse (very very basic with local village style)
- Lake Manapoint to Hilsa: 3 hours drive by Land Cruiser
- Lake Manasarovar to Yam Dwar: 2 hrs drive
- Yama Dwar to Hilsa trek: 2 and 1/2 hrs
FEBRUARY 22/DAY 07: FLY, HILSA - SIMIKOT (HELI) THEN CONTINUE FLY TO KATHMANDU BY AIRCRAFT
Early morning, you will be picked up by our Helicopter from Hilsa then brought back to Simikot. From Simikot airport, you will be continuing fly to Nepalgunj then onward to Kathmandu.
- Overnight Hotel Grand
- Hilsa to Simikot: 25 minutes flight by Helicopter
- Simikot to Nepalgunj: 1 hour flight by aircraft
- Nepalgunj to Kathmandu: 1 hour flight by aircraft
FEBRUARY 23/DAY 08: DEPARTURE FROM KATHMANDU.
Transfer to Tribhuvan International airport for your flight back home
Options for early departure or you use your extra day for Himalayan mountain flight, Manakamana road trip, or Muktinath tour (Contact Samrat Tours & Travels for more information about option day trip at additional cost).
Tour Cost: INR. 199000.00 - per person
|For more information:-||ONLINE BOOKING||INQUIRY||TELL YOUR FRIENDS|
ESTIMATE FOR ADDITIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Horse for personal ride on kora days is around US $200.00
- Extra ride for day trip to Astapad US $22.00
- Extra day in Kathmandu INR 1800.00 for Indian and 45.00$ for others with 2 meals and accommodations.
- INR 2200.00 for Manakamana day trip including both way cable car tickets and transportation.
- Muktinath and Manakamana day trip INR 16500.00 per person including one night in Pokhara, one night Jomsom round trip flight with meal, transport.
- Arrival & departure transportation
- Sightseeing tour of Pashupatinath, Boudhanath and Budhanilkantha.
- 3 nights hotel at Kathmandu on twin sharing basis with all meals
- Transfer to Kodari by tourist bus
- Tibet side: accommodation in decent hotel/tents
- While camping we provide two-man tents, mattresses, sleeping bag & camping equipments like dining & toilet tents
- Pure vegetarian meals, Japanese land cruisers (4WD) & support trucks
- English speaking Tibetan guide
- Nepali tour leader
- Gamow bag, oxygen, basic first-aid kit
- Kailash permit & normal Tibet/China visa fee.
- Kodari land tax.
- Airfares from Home - Kathmandu - Home
- All beverages, Photography charges and Telephone calls
- Travel Insurance of clients
- Emergency evacuation expenses.
- Riding Yak/Horse for Kailash Parikrama (direct payable to Yak/horse herder)
- Extra cost in the event of landslide for hiring additional transportation
- expenses of personal urgent visa fee etc & Services other than specified
What we provide to our clients:
- Sleeping bag, down Jacket, Gamow bag and Oxygen.
- We don't charge extra for the parikrama. If you wish to take help of a yak or horse, the cost will be approx US$ 100 for Yak and USD 200 for horse payable directly to the yak herder. All Indian pilgrims are advised to hire one. You have to understand that the yaks are not domesticated but are meant to carry luggage.
Model of payments
- 20 days prior to tour departure date, 100% of the total cost should reach Samrat Tours & Travels Pvt. Ltd account by telex transfer with passport of client.
Tour Cancellation policy
- All notice of cancellation must be sent to our office in written. Verbal cancellations will not be entertained.
- 20 days before trip departure 10% of total trip cost.
- 15 days before trip departure 50% of total trip cost.
- 10 days before trip departure 90% of total trip cost.
- 07 days and less departure 100% of total trip cost.
IMPORTANT PRE-DEPARTURE INFORMATION:
Casual wears and comfortable walking shoes are the rule of Tibet . Be sure to bring warm clothing as nights and early mornings can be quite chilly to down right cold. Indian Pilgrims strictly no Sari. Bring all the film, medicine, cosmetics, personal toilet items etc. that you will need from home as these are difficult if not impossible to obtain on the way. A small first aid kit is also a good idea. Also quite useful is a route map, to know where you are going and have been each day.
What to take:
Winter wear: Gore-Tex material, though expensive, is highly recommended. Down jacket, raincoat or windbreakers, thermal under wears, Jackets, warm trousers & woolen shirts (cotton will also do), warm sweaters, woolen gloves, sun hat, comfortable shoes, light leather boots in case of snow, woolen balaclava ('monkey cap') & scarf/dust mask to protect your eyes & nose from dust.
Bring with you:
Snacks along the way. Chocolates, dry fruit, toffees, glucose; 'namkeen' etc. Strong water bottle & water purifying tablets. Personal medical kit and Diamox tablet (for high altitude). Sun glasses (to protect your eyes from UV, which is especially strong in high altitudes). Sun block or sun screen lotion, wet tissues (Fresh-ones are excellent to wipe off the dust), clothes-line/clips, needle & thread, deo-spray (handy for smelly boots/feet and for a round of spray in the toilet tent!), toilet paper, torch & spare batteries, daypack (small shoulder bag), Camera & films, Binocular.
This is one of the toughest high altitude road journeys on earth. You Must be physically fit - no two ways about that. Generally patients with asthma & heart problems have a problem acclimatizing to high altitudes. In your interests it is essential you should be examined by your doctor to know about your health condition and your ability to cope up with the rigors of high altitude travel for days in 'no road' conditions, extreme cold, dust, trekking to an altitude of 19500ft during the Parikrama, etc.
As you are traveling over high terrain, you are likely to experience symptoms and discomfort of altitude sickness (headache, loss of appetite, nausea, exhaustion, sleeplessness, breathlessness etc.) until your body adjusts to the elevation. This can take a couple of days or more depending on an individual. For this reason alone, we have made it mandatory to stay 2 nights at Nyelam (12000ft) and a night in Simikot those who take journey of Helicopter before moving on to the higher altitudes. Drink plenty of water, be calm, and do not exercise. Do not drink alcohol or smoke prior to and during the tour. We also recommend you carry a strip of diamox tablets. Do consult your physician on the dosage. We provide Gamow bag (a special equipment to prevent sickness from high altitude) on this tour.
The unit of Chinese currency is Yuan. USD 1 = 6.50 Yuan. 1 Yuan = INR 7.50 approx; Money can exchange at Bank of China at Zhangmu or from the locals at Zhangmu or Kodari. Exchange all you're remaining Yuan at the end of the trip at Zhangmu itself before re-entering Nepal.
Risks & Liability:
Samrat Tours & Travels Pvt. Ltd and its associates will put every effort to make your journey smooth and pleasant. However, all the tours in Tibet are conduct strictly under the rules & regulation of Tibet Tourism Bureau (TTB). Therefore, Samrat Tours & Travels Pvt. Ltd and its counterpart shall not be responsible for any change and alteration in the program due to unavoidable circumstances such as landslide, road blockage, flood, snow, political unrest, and cancellation of flight, delay arrival, sickness or accidents. Any extra cost incurred thereof shall be borne by the clients on the spot.