Cho Oyu, which means “The Turquoise Goddess” is known as the sixth highest mountain in the world, located a short distance to the west from the world's highest mountain, the Everest and the fourth highest, the Lhotse in the Khumbu region of Eastern Nepal along the Tibetan border. Its one of the towering peak that stands with Everest well above the surrounding mountains. Cho Oyu became a familiar landmark to climbers ascending Everest's north face.
Just west of Cho Oyu is the Nangpa La, a 19,000-foot glacier pass, the main trade route between the Khumbu Sherpas and Tibet. Cho Oyu's proximity to the Nangpa La has earned it the distinction among some climbers as being the easiest 8,000 meter peak. It was the third such peak climbed, and the first climbed in Autumn. It was first climbed on October 19th 1954 by the Austrian Herbert Tichy, with Sepp Jochler and Pasang Dava Lama.
Day by Day Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu (1350m.) transfer hotel
Day 02: Kathmandu
Day 03: Kathmandu
Day 04: Drive to Kodari & transfer Zhangmu 2300m.
Day 05: Drive Nylam 2750m.
Day 06: Nylam rest for acclimatization
Day 07: Drive Tingri 4340m.
Day 08: Rest of day for acclimatized
Day 09: Drive to Chinese Base Camp 5000m.
Day 10: Chinese Base Camp
Day 11: Prepared load to Yak for Advance Base Camp.
Day 12: Base Camp - Middle camp with Yaks
Day 13: Middle Camp - Cho Oyu Advance Base Camp 5700m.
Day 14-39: Climbing Period for Cho Oyu 8201m.
Day 40: Advance Base camp - Chinese Base camp
Day 41: drive Base Camp - Zhangmu
Day 42: Drive Zhangmu - Kathmandu
Day 43: Kathmandu
Day 44: Kathmandu
Day 45: Final Departure
Cost Includes :
- Twin sharing Accommodation BB Basis Hotels & Guest Houses.
- Sightseeing Tours
- Transportation by Private Vehicle (4WD)
- All Entrances fees to the temple & Monasteries
- English Speaking Tibetan Guide
- Tibet permits
- Travel Permit
- Tibet/China Visa fees
Cost Excludes :
- Airfare Kathmandu-Lhasa
- Airport Taxes
- Nepal re entry visa fees
- Travel Insurance
- Evacuation and Nature of Personal expenses.
Where should I purchase my equipment?
Please view our list of recommendations on where to purchase kit from our Frequently Asked Questions.
- 1 cotton t-shirt;
- 1 cotton long sleeved shirt;
- 1 polypropylene warm but light thermal long shirt;
- 1 fleece jacket;
- 1 wind/waterproof jacket with hood.
- 1 pr. warm poly thermal gloves, with plastic wind shell;
- 1 cotton sun hat;
- 1 cotton head scarf;
- 1 fleece balaclava or very warm hat;
- 1 head torch with extra battery;
- 2 pr. cotton underwear briefs;
- 1 cotton walking shorts;
- 1 cotton long trousers;
- 1 polypropylene warm but light thermal leggings;
- 1 pr. fleece/pile/trousers;
- 1 pr. wind/waterproof trousers;
- 2 pr. cotton socks;
- 1 pr. sandals for use in hotel;
- 2 pr. med. polypropylene thermal socks;
- 1 pr. sturdy, 100% leather, top-quality trekking boots with good ankle support ("broken-in" please);
- 1 pr. trainers, lightweight running shoes for trekking on flat, easy trails;
- 1 sleeping bag (good to -10 degrees C or 10 degrees F);
- At least 1 closed cell foam kari-mats (optional). Most of the tea houses we stay in have nice soft mattresses to sleep on.
Rucksack and Travel Bags:
- 1 medium backpack (40-60 liters, can be used for airplane carry);
- 1 large kit-travel bag with lock (80-100 liters for checked bag);
- 1 toothpaste/brush;
- 1 bar soap/1 small towel;
- female or male hygiene supplies;
- 1 set earplugs;
- 1 bottle water-treatment tablets;
- 2 tubes lip sun cream, 1 tube skin sun cream (min.factor 15);
- anti-mosquito cream;
- 1 skin blister repair kit;
- 1 bottle anti-diarrhea pills;
- 1 bottle anti-headache pills;
- 1 bottle cough and/or cold medicine;
- 1 bottle anti-altitude sickness pills: Diamox, Acetylzolamide;
- 1 small bottle stomach antibiotic: Ciprofloxacin, etc.;
- Do not bring sleeping pills. They are a respiratory depressant.
|For more information:-||ONLINE BOOKING||INQUIRY||TELL YOUR FRIENDS|
- Fixed Departure Date
- Lhasa with Kailash Mansarovar Yatra by Flight
- Kailash Yatra by Helicopter
- Kailash Yatra by Helicopter via Lucknow
- Holy Kailash Parikrama Tour
- KTM-Lhasa-Ali-Kailash Tour by Fly in Fly Out
- KTM-Lhasa-Ali-Kailash Tour by Fly in Drive Out
- Kailash Yatra by Overland
- Kailash Planing & Preparation
- Mt. Kailash Route Map1
- Mt. Kailash Route Map2
- Mt. Kailash Route Map3
- Nepal Hindu Circuit Package
- Muktinath Excursion Tour
- Muktinath by Helicopter
- Kathmandu Cultural Tour
- Muktinath-Pashupatinath Tour (Fixed weekly schedule)
- Damodar Kund Tour
- Kathmandu-Pokhara-Muktinath-Chitwan Tour
- KTM/Pokhara/Chitwan Tour
- Kathmandu/Chitwan Tour
- Lumbini Tour Packages
- Honeymoon Tour Packages
- Nepal Volunteer Services
- Nepal Information
- Api Himal Peak
- Cholaste Peak
- Chulu West Peak
- Churen Himal Peak
- Gyajikhang Peak
- Himlung Peak
- Kang Guru Peak
- Kanjirowa Peak
- Kirantchuli Peak
- Kumbhakarna Peak
- Mera Peak
- Naya Kanga Peak
- Putha Himchuli Peak
- Ramdun-Go Peak
- Singu Chuli Peak
- Sitachuchura Peak
- Telicho Peak
- Thamserku Peak
- Tharpachuli Peak
- Tripura Himchuli Peak
- Twache - Amadablam Peak